The Technology Alberta newsletter brings weekly highlights from the province’s tech sector directly to your inbox.
FIRST Jobs 200
Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs Pilot Program
Supported by the Government of Alberta Advanced Education Work-Integrated Learning Industry Voucher pilot program (See Press Release below).
Multiple cohorts of an updated FIRST Jobs Work-Integrated-Learning Program Pilot are underway. This program provides opportunities for job seekers who are Alberta students and new graduates and are interested in working in Alberta’s strong and growing tech sector.
Through this paid work experience and industry engagement program, Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs will be helping 100 job seekers per year to be matched up with 100 Alberta SME Tech companies – in 2 Cohorts of 50.
FIRST Jobs WIL is a fully funded, 200-hour work-integrated learning program.
- Operating and registered in Alberta and/or has a significant Alberta presence with offices in the province
- Must be a small-to-medium-sized enterprise (SME, under 100 employees)
- Able to provide meaningful work experience to a student, including by providing mentorship and support
- Will develop one or more projects to be completed over a 20-week period / 200 hours
- Technology companies bringing innovation to the province, creating advanced technologies as their core business
- Currently studying at an Alberta Post Secondary Institution (PSI) OR a recent graduate of an Alberta PSI within the last six months at the time of being accepted to the program
- Alberta resident who is legally able to work in the province for a minimum of 10 hours a week
- Have not previously held a position through Technology Alberta Jobs Programs (past FIRST Jobs cohort, and/or NExT Level Careers)
- Have not been previously employed by their FIRST Jobs Company
- Are over the age of 18
Students and new graduates will apply through the Jobseeker Registration form. If accepted to the program, you will receive access to the Technology Alberta Job Board. There, you can apply to both FIRST Jobs WIL (200 hour) and Scale-Up (500 hour) positions, depending on your availability.
Requirements are expanded upon within the respective application form.
For information on Technology Alberta’s new FIRST Jobs: Scale-Up program, click here.
Comments from Program Participants
FIRST Jobs Programs - Alberta Tech Company Employers
The ‘Map of Alberta’ graphic below is a sample of one of the many cohorts of the FIRST Jobs programs, and the 50 Small-to-Medium-Sized Tech Companies from across the province who provided Work-Integrated Learning opportunities for students.
Click here to read more about the ‘first’ cohort of FIRST Jobs WIL.