The Technology Alberta newsletter brings weekly highlights from the province’s tech sector directly to your inbox.
Purpose: Supporting Rural Sustainability and Economic Independence.
Focus area: Assessing how to add value to Rural Communities through:
- Making Alberta Tech Career Opportunities available to all Alberta Students
- Providing Talent Access to all Alberta Companies across the province
- Identify Opportunities where Alberta Tech Companies (and Service Providers) can help Rural Communities
Context: The purpose of this committee is to provide value where there are gaps – shining more light on rural communities and their needs and opportunities.
- Initiative 1: Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs Participation for rural companies.
- Initiative 2: Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs Participation for rural students.
- Initiative 3: Province-wide Visibility Opportunities – through targeted Rural Features in Technology Alberta’s Monthly Newsletter and Website, provided through Local and Central Liaisons
Current Members Include:
- Lloydminister: Lakeland College
- Olds: Olds College
- St. Albert: Northern Alberta Business Incubator (NABI)