The most dangerous phrase in the English language is “we have always done it this way.’”
Dr. Grace Hopper, US Navy Rear Admiral, and Computer Scientist
Join us for three days in June.
Reserve your space for this leadership course June 22 – 24. (22 hours total)
Early bird pricing ends May 31, 2023.
About the Event
In this Leadership and Management Course for Tech Professionals from the University of Alberta and Technology Alberta, you will receive world-class instruction from Cristina Stasia PH.D. Cristina is trained in Public Leadership, with a focus on adaptive leadership, at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. She teaches, trains, and coaches at the undergraduate, graduate, and executive levels including for the Adaptive Leadership Network, the Broad Institute, Sunwah (Hong Kong), and municipalities across Alberta.
Engineering industries and the way we need to lead to meet the demands of our increasingly complex world have changed drastically. It is time for how we practice leadership to catch up. This program will help you and your
Adaptive challenges are complex, both in how to identify them and—especially—how to make progress on them. They require changes in values, beliefs, attitudes, relationships, and behaviours. Through a combination of experiential learning, live case analysis, peer groups, lecture, and reflection, we will show you, not just tell you, how to pace change and build your own and your organization’s adaptive capacity.
Included with the course:
- Harvard Kennedy-School trained adaptive leadership instructor: Dr. Cristina Stasia
- Outstanding guest leadership coaches with real-world experience in diverse fields including engineering, scientific research, and law
- Thursday evening opening mixer (details TBA)
- Two full days of instruction/coaching (9am-5pm, Friday & Saturday)
- Certificate of Completion of Leadership & Management Course for Tech Professionals
- Opportunity to access and network with local tech entrepreneurial leaders
- 3:1 attendee/instructor ratio
- All course materials
- Peer group coaching
- “Cheat sheets” with each core concept and discussion questions so you can continue the work with your teams
- Catered lunches and coffee/tea
- I <3 Alberta TECH Golf Shirt in your size (See our marketplace for photos)
Course cost can be covered through the Canada-Alberta Job Grant for training.
For more information, please visit Technology Alberta Leadership & Management Course for Tech Professionals.