- This event has passed.
Immigrant Entrepreneur Symposium! by Business Link
September 29, 2022 @ 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Are you an immigrant entrepreneur? Looking for help as you start or grow your business? This event is for you.
Business Link’s Immigrant Entrepreneurship Services is pleased to announce the second annual Immigrant Entrepreneur Symposium!
This event will feature a keynote speech by a successful immigrant entrepreneur, as well as a panel discussion focused on how you can build a successful business as an immigrant entrepreneur.
What you’ll get from this event:
- Meet other entrepreneurs so you can build a strong business network in Alberta
- Learn about the most relevant business supports and resources available for your business, including free programs and services offered by Business Link
- Gain inspiration through hearing first-hand about the success and challenges faced by entrepreneurs who’ve been in your shoes
Andrea Bailey Brown is a former teacher turned award-winning entrepreneur who was born in Jamaica and raised in Canada. Andrea dove into entrepreneurship early, buying her first business, a chocolate business that served the Royal Family, while she was a third-year student at the University of Alberta. Andrea is now a multi-unit franchise owner with Jiffy Lube and founder and CEO of both Bailey Brown Consulting and Bailey Brown The Franchise Agency. Since first starting as an entrepreneur, Andrea has generated over 30 million in revenue.
- Ada Tai is a consultant, an immigrant entrepreneur, speaker, and instructor. With an MBA Degree and human resources designations from Canada and the U.S., Ada provides pragmatic people management solutions to organizations while balancing vision, thought leadership, and execution. As an immigrant, Ada experienced many challenges that a newcomer and new entrepreneur must overcome. Over the years, Ada and her team built up a boutique management consulting firm – BadaB Consulting Inc., a business that strategically integrates effective HR and Business Technology programs into clients’ daily operations and provides customized trainings.
- Frankline Agbor is the Producer and Founder of Diversity Magazine, the largest multicultural publication in Alberta, and Diversity TV. Diversity Magazine is published weekly online and printed quarterly, with 30,000 copies being distributed across Alberta and Ontario, with plans to evolve into a cross-Canada Magazine. Diversity TV has six shows and a weekly newscast online. Frankline is also the Producer of Africanival Festival, and a Brand Ambassador for Edmonton.
- Grant Lahring is a Co-Founder of Goodlawyer and the current Head of Growth. He has been active in the startup community since 2012 and has worked directly and indirectly with dozens of startups in Alberta and across the country. His role at Goodlawyer focuses on growing revenue by helping entrepreneurs access the legal services they need at a price they can trust.
- Deepak Chopra is one of Edmonton’s Leading Real Estate Brokerage Owners and Realtors. His core competence lies in strategic and operational planning. Apart from retail sales, he also has experience in the manufacturing sector and exports. He is an expert negotiator, change manager, and a born leader. Deepak excels at business development, planning, team building, project management, staff development, customer relationships and solving problems with full profit and loss as well as HACCP accountability. Deepak holds an MBA and has experience in a wide range of industries, making him a well-rounded entrepreneur.