FIRST Jobs: 250-Hour Program
To best support our community, this iteration of FIRST Jobs will be open for continuous intake beginning May 8th, 2023.
This 250-hour program is a perfect stepping stone for companies that are growing their business and are able to provide matching toward a student/new graduate while still receiving support.
- 250-hour work term
- Project must provide a meaningful work experience for a student or recent graduate of an Alberta Post Secondary Institution
- Interns are to be paid at a minimum of $20/ hour, for $5000 total
- Program is 80% funded, with companies receiving a maximum of $4000 towards the intern’s payment.
Appropriate project roles include, but are not limited to:
- User Interface Design
- Software Development
- Customer Experience
- Product Marketing and Communications
- Product Design and Documentation
- Project Coordination
Information on defining a project can be found here.
The FIRST Jobs program has been supported by the Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada