- This event has passed.
Emissions Tracking and Reporting Canada Conference
November 28 - November 29
Following the success of our inaugural Carbon Tracking and Reporting Canada Conference in November 2022, the 2nd edition of the Emissions Tracking and Reporting Canada Conference, aligned with Canada’s 2030 targets, will be held on November 28-29, 2023, in Calgary, Alberta.
Canada has implemented regulations and policies to reduce carbon and methane emissions and mitigate climate change. As part of this effort, they have committed to achieving net-zero emissions by 2050, reducing carbon and methane emissions by 45 and 75 percent, respectively, by 2025. Provincial legislation, such as the Technology Innovation and Emissions Reduction (TIER) system and the Carbon Competitiveness Incentive Regulation (CCIR), are at the core of Alberta’s approach to supporting practical mitigation efforts and investing in clean technology.
These regulations mandate measuring, tracking, and reporting emissions for specific industries, including oil and gas. Complying with these regulations is critical to avoid penalties, maintain a social license, and demonstrate a commitment to environmental responsibility.
Alberta is known for its rich natural resources, particularly oil and gas reserves. By implementing effective emission tracking and reporting practices, the industry can carry out resource development sustainably. Monitoring and reporting emissions help minimize the industry’s environmental impact, mitigate climate risks, and demonstrate a commitment to more sustainable resource extraction. Publicly disclosing emissions data showcases companies’ commitment to reducing their carbon footprint in the province. This transparency builds trust with stakeholders, including communities, investors, regulators, and the public, fostering a sense of accountability for the environmental impact of their operations as part of their ESG strategy.
Benefits of Attending:
- Explore cutting-edge technology and software solutions for accurately tracking and reporting emissions
- Keep up to date with regulations and tracking requirements to ensure compliance.
- Gain valuable insights into emissions tracking and reporting practices, methodologies, and technologies
- Foster constructive dialogue with regulators to build stronger relationships and align on emissions tracking and reporting requirements
- Stay ahead of evolving regulations by implementing proactive adjustments and compliance strategies
- Benefit from the expertise of a range of industry speakers who offer specialized knowledge and insights to keep your organization ahead of the curve
- Make your company more attractive to investors and partners who prioritize ESG and gain a competitive edge
- Assess your tracking and reporting practices against the Canadian Oil & Gas industry standard to identify areas for improvement