1. Alberta Jobs Now program
Businesses and non-profits can apply for funding to reduce the cost of hiring and training Albertans for new jobs.
Third intake: to be announced at a later date
Improvements to program
A number of improvements have also been made for the second intake to the Alberta Jobs Now program to help more businesses grow and get more Albertans back to work as our economy recovers:
- New businesses and organizations established within the last year can now apply to the program to support further job-creating investment.
- The minimum number of average hours a person must work under the program has been reduced from 30 to 15 hours per week.
- Employers can apply for up to 10 new hires to help more businesses access funding through the program.
- On a case-by-case basis, employers may receive an exemption for up to 20 new hires if they can demonstrate substantial need. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Employers now have up to 90 days to recruit for approved positions under the program.
- While the focus of the program is to support the hiring of unemployed and underemployed Albertans, employers may fill available positions with employed Albertans if there is a business need.
2. Alberta Innovates: Export Readiness – Micro Vouchers
We are now accepting new applications for the Export Readiness – Micro Voucher.
Through this program we support Alberta SMEs, can apply for up to $20,000 to build and develop a strategic approach to expanding their international plans and building global export opportunities.
Prior to entering new global markets it’s important to understand the necessary steps to grow export markets while evaluating benefits and assessing risks are keys to success.
New applications are now being accepted for the Export Readiness Micro-Voucher.
This program is an open-call format. Are you interested in submitting a new application? Apply now by following the setps outlined below!
- Familiarize yourself with the program resources below.
- Connect with a Technology Development Advisor. Connect with a TDA now!
- Send your completed application through our online applicant portal.
- Any questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 403-210-5229.
3. CONNECTION SILICON VALLEY: Access to Global Capital – Edmonton
Our curriculum-based virtual program helps companies from Pre-Seed to Series A navigate the best of Silicon Valley. Startups benefit from our unique network of influencers, investors, founders, corporate executives and mentors.
Our signature A2GC program includes the following program features:
- Phase 1: 10 foundational workshops that focuses on fundraising, market messaging, go-to-market, business strategy, sales & product-market fit
- Phase 2: 1-1 coaching, mentorship, and execution sprints designed to provide rapid acceleration and investment readiness to qualifying startups.
Applications open through September 15th for 30 early-stage startups in the Edmonton region.
4. Meet the Projects Identified for Funding in CRIN’s Digital Oil and Gas Technology Competition!
Today, we are pleased to announce the first projects identified to receive funding through CRIN’s $80 million Oil and Gas Technology Competitions, made possible by the Government of Canada’s Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF).
Digital oil and gas competition projects leverage artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics or extremely large data sets and analytics tools to aid in the detection and monitoring of oil and gas industry emissions, and to improve the health and safety of workers and wildlife. These projects will also help CRIN reach its target of 100 megatonnes of CO2 equivalent (CO2e) emissions by 2033.
5. Digital Economy Program
The Digital Economy Program (DEP), which supports Edmonton’s small businesses as they establish or upgrade their online operations, starts today.
This program allows small businesses to build their online presence, add eCommerce, create a social media plan and implement other digital practices to help their business thrive. Businesses can apply now at yourDEP.ca.
The DEP is a province-wide extension of the Making Edmonton Digital (MED) program that is funded by the Government of Alberta, Ministry of Jobs, Economy and Innovation. It will be delivered locally through a partnership between the University of Alberta, the City of Edmonton and Business Link, using the Digital Main Street online platform.
Funding will be used to create Digital Service Squads made up of students who will pair with small businesses to provide a needs assessment, create customized work plans and teach business owners how to use each digital channel. The DEP supports commitments that were made under Alberta’s Recovery Plan to protect Albertans’ livelihoods, increase the competitiveness of Alberta businesses and diversify the economy.
6. Edmonton Regional Innovation Network (E-RIN): Community Initiatives
The E-RIN is funded as part of the Alberta-wide Regional Innovation Network supported by Alberta Innovates, where each region works to address the needs of their local entrepreneurs. The E-RIN encourages event organizers to apply for Community Initiatives funding – in support of innovative events which are of value to a community of Edmonton Entrepreneurs. Applicants are most successful when their proposed initiatives have multiple funders, and the event requests are between $500 – $7,500.
7. Calgary Economic Development: Trade Accelerator Program
Are you thinking of expanding outside your local market?
Get the tools, connections and knowledge you need to take your business into new markets. Our team understands the challenges you’re facing and is here to support and prepare you.
The Trade Accelerator Program will help:
- Give you customized, face-to-face coaching and advice
- Help you navigate the complex global trade ecosystem
- Give you access to a network of experts and thought leaders
- Get you familiar with international best practices
- Help you develop and set up an export plan
How TAP Works
The Trade Accelerator Program is an innovative 4-session initiative, designed to accelerate the strategic development of your business and to better prepare you for an expansion into international markets.