Technology Alberta is pleased to be the facilitator of the following Advisories for Alberta Tech Companies and our Tech Sector:
Sharing Solutions – an Equity, Diversity, Inclusion initiative – building Sustainable Companies and Communities with Purpose
Industry Challenges, Innovator Solutions – Understanding your Customer, the Total System, and the Opportunity
Advisory Members Include experts who are not only respected for their technology expertise, but are also dedicated to building community, and an equitable, diverse, inclusive workplace environment.
- Alicia Bjarnason, PGeol, MA, CCIP (Calgary) – Past-President, Alberta Women’s Science Network (AWSN). EDI Specialist
– Focus Areas: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Workplace Policies, Canadian Certified Inclusion Professional from the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Cody Lowry (Edmonton) – Director Chandos Construction; Inclusivity Board Member Norquest College.
– Focus Areas: Collaborative Innovation and Total Systems Thinking; Customer Engagement and Value; Building Employee Empowered Companies.
- Gail Powley, P.Eng – President Technology Alberta, Past-Founding Chair Women in APEGA, Award-winner inclusive work place best practices.
– Focus Areas: Collaboration; Connecting Communities to reach greater Potential; Inclusive Company, Team, and Community Building.
- Dr. Heather Kaminsky, P.Eng (Edmonton) – SHEInnovator; NSERC IRCC in Oil Sands Tailings Management
– UN Initiative (SHE Innovates)
– Focus Areas: Tailings; Lab and Workplace Inclusive Practices for Safety and Employee Support.
- Joanne Fedeyko (Alberta – Silicon Valley) – CEO Connection Silicon Valley, Founder Canadian Women’s Network.
– Focus Areas: Empowering Entrepreneurs; Building and Joining Communities; Furthering Innovation to realize Potential.
- Mehadi Sayed – CEO Clinisys (Medical Health Analytics).
– Focus Areas: Collaboration and Innovation Entrepreneurship and Community Building; Inclusive Company and Team Building.
- Monika Rao, P.Eng – Specialist, Enbridge; Chair, Calgary FEMINEN (FEmales IN ENgineering) Chapter
– Focus Areas: Midstream Strategy and Innovation; Advocate for Inclusion and Safety
- Peter LaFontaine (Calgary) – Executive Chairman at Rainforest Energy, Rainforest Alberta Founding Member, Autistic employment associaton (auticon Canada)
– Focus Areas: Building Sustainable Communities, Creating Jobs and Rural Sustainability, Inclusive Workplace Practices, Greater Purpose Solutions.
- Dr. Subodh Gupta (Calgary) – Former Chief, R&D, Cenovus. Technical Advisor on Sustainable Oil
– Focus Areas: Sustainable Oil; Innovation and Field Appropriate Solutions.
- Susan Ancel, P.Eng (Edmonton) – Director ONE Planning, EPCOR; Clean50 Award Winner.
– Focus Areas: Water/Storm Mitigation and Community Impact Minimization.
Currently Accepting New Advisory Members (email@example.com)
Responsibilities: Quarterly Panel Sessions; Small-to-Medium (SME) Company Advisory Sessions; Monthly Meetings; Conference/Speaking Opportunities.