Technology Alberta exists to nurture a dedicated community of people and organizations whose coordinated and collaborative efforts help to make Alberta’s entrepreneurial advanced technology companies the global vendors of choice.
The community comes together to address the critical aspects of growing a sustainable advanced technology company in Alberta:
- Selling to domestic and international markets
- Financing for growth
- Accessing and funding continuous innovation
- Attracting and retaining talented people
- Protecting and building upon our intellectual property
- Accessing technology and business support services
Comments from Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs’ Program Participants:
1) “Our team is our strength and our success to date has relied on engaging with the young talent in Alberta through internship, research and work experience programs. That is why we are one of the 50 Alberta tech companies who are pleased to work with Alberta students through programs like the Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs program.”
– Myrna Bittner, CEO Founder, RUNWITHIT Synthetics
Company Description: RUNWITHIT is a women-led, Certified Aboriginal and SET100 company – and a global leading company in advanced, AI-based modelling
2) “The common advice I have always received is the importance of internships and work experience for a student. I see this program as an opportunity to use what I learn in the classroom in real workplace situations, learn from mentors and develop new relationships – which could even help me land a full-time role.”
– Reeyan Maknojiya, Calgary work-integrated-learning student at VizworX
Company Description: VizworX integrates advanced technologies to create innovative and flexible solutions to support human engagement.
3) “Thanks to the FIRST Jobs program I got an internship and eventually a job. I’m now working as a research scientist there. This couldn’t have happened without the FIRST Jobs program. I’m very thankful for that.” PhD Student/Graduate, Edmonton