A. DEFINING A PROJECT – BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND
- Project description – state your project goals clearly
- Deliverable – clearly state what the actual project deliverable is to be
- Quality criteria – what does done look like (is it quantifiable)?
- Time expectations – when must it be done (date and / or time)
- Technologies – what technologies will be used? Will the intern have access to these technologies?
- Workspace – will the intern work in person or remotely?
- Example – is there an example of a similar product that shows what the final result should look like?
- Project team – who will be involved in the work?
- Intern / contractor skills – what specific skills must the intern have?
- Management – who will oversee the work? Who will mentor the intern?
- How much time is this expected for this oversight?
- Additional support – who else can the intern go to for help?
- Communication – how many meetings will be expected of the intern?
- Logistics – where will project files, documents, code etc. live?
- Documentation – aside from the actual product, what other documents are important?
- Will there be a post mortem?
B. PROGRAM OVERVIEW (PRESENTATION FOR COMPANIES)