A. DEFINING A PROJECT – BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND
- Project description – state your project goals clearly
- Deliverable – clearly state what the actual project deliverable is to be
- Quality criteria – what does done look like (is it quantifiable)?
- Time expectations – when must it be done (date and / or time)
- Technologies – what technologies will be used? Will the intern have access to these technologies?
- Workspace – will the intern work in person or remotely?
- Example – is there an example of a similar product that shows what the final result should look like?
- Project team – who will be involved in the work?
- Intern / contractor skills – what specific skills must the intern have?
- Management – who will oversee the work? Who will mentor the intern?
- How much time is this expected for this oversight?
- Additional support – who else can the intern go to for help?
- Communication – how many meetings will be expected of the intern?
- Logistics – where will project files, documents, code etc. live?
- Documentation – aside from the actual product, what other documents are important?
- Will there be a post mortem?
B. PROGRAM OVERVIEW (PRESENTATION FOR COMPANIES)
C. Candidate Selection Guidelines (Future Content)
D. Conducting an Interview Guidelines (Future Content)
E. Hiring Guidelines (Future Content)
F. Onboarding Guidelines (Future Content)