Announcement: Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs Pilot Program – EXTENDED To Additional Terms in 2021 – 2023!
Supported by the Government of Alberta, Advanced Education Work-Integrated Learning Industry Voucher pilot program (See Press Release below).
– multiple cohorts of an updated FIRST Jobs Work-Integrated-Learning Program Pilot are underway. This new version of the program provides opportunities for job seekers who are Alberta students and new graduates, and are interested in working in Alberta’s strong and growing tech sector which has created 1000’s of new jobs in 2020 and 2021.
Through this paid remote part-time work experience and industry engagement program, Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs will be helping 100 job seekers per year to be matched up with 100 Alberta SME Tech companies – in 2 Cohorts of 50.
– Summer 2021 Session (Cohort 2): Program is Underway July – November 2021.
– Winter Cohort in October (Cohort 3), with part-time remote work starting for successful applicants in January 2022:
- Registration for companies is NOW OPEN.
- Registration for Post-secondary students is now closed.
– Spring Cohort 2022 registration Opens Summer – June 2022.
TECHNOLOGY ALBERTA IS VERY PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE: the 50 FIRST (First Industry Research Science and Technology) Companies that are providing over 50 job opportunities for Alberta Students and New Graduates through the Summer 2021 FIRST Jobs program!
See the Full Press Release on how this is part of the Government of Alberta’s 2030 plan. The Work-Integrated Learning Industry Voucher Pilot Program will fund Alberta Tech Companies to provide approximately 300 jobs for Alberta Students and New Grads, through the Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs pilot program over the next 3 years. Also funded are additional opportunities through BioAlberta and the Alberta Construction Association
The ‘Map of Alberta’ graphic below shows the 50 Tech Companies from across the province who are providing Work-Integrated Learning opportunities for these students over the next 20 weeks:
Comments from Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs’ Program Participants:
1) “Our team is our strength and our success to date has relied on engaging with the young talent in Alberta through internship, research and work experience programs. That is why we are one of the 50 Alberta tech companies who are pleased to work with Alberta students through programs like the Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs program.”
– Myrna Bittner, CEO Founder, RUNWITHIT Synthetics
Company Description: RUNWITHIT is a women-led, Certified Aboriginal and SET100 company – and a global leading company in advanced, AI-based modelling
2) “The common advice I have always received is the importance of internships and work experience for a student. I see this program as an opportunity to use what I learn in the classroom in real workplace situations, learn from mentors and develop new relationships – which could even help me land a full-time role.”
– Reeyan Maknojiya, Calgary work-integrated-learning student at VizworX
Company Description: VizworX integrates advanced technologies to create innovative and flexible solutions to support human engagement.
3) “Thanks to the FIRST Jobs program I got an internship and eventually a job. I’m now working as a research scientist there. This couldn’t have happened without the FIRST Jobs program. I’m very thankful for that.” PhD Student/Graduate, Edmonton
For more information