Technology Alberta FIRST Jobs Pilot Program: 2021 – 2023 Sessions
Register now for Winter 2023 Work Placements
Purpose of the Program
The FIRST (First Industry Research Science Technology) Jobs program offers a work placement and meaningful work experience for a current student or recent graduate of an Alberta post-secondary institution while supporting the growth of Alberta’s SME Tech Sector. The student placement is to be a remote integrated learning and work experience.
Weekly relevant professional development sessions are provided in the context of the workplace and are offered as a vehicle to enhance workplace performance – both for the young professionals and for the companies themselves. Recognition of Completion Certificates Provided.
Successful Applicants who complete this program will:
- Gain valuable work experience at an Alberta technology company, that can help launch their careers (Approx 20 weeks x 10 hours/week)
- Be able to grow their networks with both the participating technology companies and other young professionals in the cohort
- Learn more about Alberta’s extensive tech community through information sessions with Technology Alberta and panel sessions with participating companies.
- Be provided a stipend of $4,000
THE TECHNOLOGY ALBERTA FIRST JOBS PROGRAM – 6 Easy Steps
Step 1) Apply to the program (In Period where Applications are Open)
- You must have previously set-up your LinkedIn Profile (putting in your best efforts) in order to complete the application form (and be seen as of interest to employers).
- Previously successful FIRST Jobs student participants are not eligible to apply again
- Technology Alberta personnel will provide confirmation (via email) to the successful applicants, confirming their applicability for this free program.
Step 2) Review pre-program session materials
Step 3) Accepted Applicants apply for projects posted by the participating technology companies
Step 4) Job seekers interviewed for project positions by employers
Step 5) Top candidates are selected by employers, and the Young Professionals begin their work term as part-time contractors.
Step 6) Professional Development Sessions are offered over the entire term (20 weeks), for both Young Professionals and Companies