ACCELERATE, ACCELERATE, ACCELERATE, ACCELERATE!
AN EXCITING FUTURE FOR ALBERTA’S TECH SECTOR
The big news is clearly on the 4 newly announced accelerators – made possible by Alberta Innovates’ historic rallying of the Alberta’s Tech Community to put forward supported options that would be a great fit to help diversify the economy and magnify Alberta’s strengths.
“Out of 64 RFP submissions to Alberta Innovates” the 4 successful Accelerators are:
- Alberta pre-accelerator by Innovate Edmonton and Platform Calgary
- Alberta Accelerator by 500
- Plug and Play Alberta
- Community Safety and Wellness (CSW) Accelerator powered by Alchemist
Alongside Alberta Innovates and PrairiesCan (formerly known as WD – Western Economic Diversification Canada), the cities of Calgary and Edmonton are also making financial contributions – and with the entire Alberta tech sector, all are looking forward to achieving Alberta-wide value and better supporting and growing Alberta’s entrepreneurial tech companies.
So Alberta Tech Companies and Champions – get ready to participate in the accelerators! What can you do to prepare? Tune up your business plan, your team, your value proposition – and see this newsletter for information on programs, events, and funding opportunities that can support your company’s growth. Also – Thank you in advance for your help in bringing on more Alberta Talent to help you reach your goals through programs such as:
- NExT Level Companies and Careers Program (Deadline Oct 7): Technology Alberta provides funding to 50 Alberta SME Tech Companies to contract 50 Career Professionals (of all ages and disciplines), who are interested in taking their careers – and Alberta companies – to the next level! Registration at technologyalberta.com/?page_id=3801
- FIRST Jobs – bringing University Students from across the province into Alberta’s Tech Sector (New Application Round Opens October 1): Over 1000 students have applied to this on-line program to-date – join the over 100 Alberta SME Tech Companies who have taken on a post-secondary student to work with their teams in this fully-funded program in the areas of: Software QA Testing, Customer Engagement, Story-telling, Market Research and more.
- For up-to-date information on Alberta Tech Sector programs and events – see the technologyalberta.ca.
So Autumn has just roared in like a Lion! Looking forward to working with you all, and making the best of these great opportunities to grow Alberta’s Tech Companies!
Yours in Community,
Gail J. Powley, P.Eng
President, Technology Alberta